Prefect UI & Prefect Cloud Overview
The Prefect UI provides an overview of all of your flows. It was designed around a simple question: what's the health of my system?
There are two ways to access the UI:
- The Prefect UI gives you insight into the flows running with any local Prefect API server instance.
- Prefect Cloud is a hosted service that provides all the capabilities of the Prefect API server and orchestration engine, plus personal accounts and workspaces.
The UI displays many useful insights about your flow runs, including:
- Flow run summaries
- Deployed flow details
- Scheduled flow runs
- Warnings for late or failed runs
- Task run details
- Radar flow and task dependency visualizer
You can filter the information displayed in the UI by time, flow state, and tags.
Using the Prefect UI
The Prefect UI is available in any environment where the Prefect API server is running with
prefect orion start.
$ prefect orion start Starting... ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ _____ ___ ___ ___ ___ _ _ | _ \ _ \ __| __| __/ __|_ _| / _ \| _ \_ _/ _ \| \| | | _/ / _|| _|| _| (__ | | | (_) | /| | (_) | .` | |_| |_|_\___|_| |___\___| |_| \___/|_|_\___\___/|_|\_| Configure Prefect to communicate with the server with: prefect config set PREFECT_API_URL=http://127.0.0.1:4200/api Check out the dashboard at http://127.0.0.1:4200
When the Prefect API server is running, you can access the UI at http://127.0.0.1:4200.
The following sections provide details about Prefect UI pages and visualizations:
- Dashboard provides a high-level overview of your flows, tasks, and deployments.
- Flows and Tasks pages let you dig into details of flow runs and task runs.
- Filters enable you to customize the display based on flow state, tags, execution time, and more.
- Work Queues enable you to create and manage work queues that enable agents to pick up flow runs.
Navigating the UI
Icons on the left side of the Prefect UI help you navigate to commonly used pages.
The Prefect icon always takes you back to the dashboard. In Prefect Cloud, it returns you to the list of workspaces.
|Workspace returns to the dashboard of the current workspace. (Prefect Cloud only)|
|Flows displays a searchable list of flows tracked by the API.|
|Work Queues displays configured work queues and enables creating new work queues.|
Prefect Cloud provides a hosted server and UI instance for running and monitoring deployed flows. Prefect Cloud includes:
- All of the features of the local Prefect UI.
- A personal account and workspace.
- API keys to sync deployments and flow runs with the Prefect Cloud API.
- A hosted Prefect database that stores flow and task run history.
See the Prefect Cloud documentation for details about setting up accounts, workspaces, and API keys.