Welcome to Prefect Cloud ¶
Prefect Cloud is a hosted workflow application framework that provides all the capabilities of Prefect server plus additional features, such as:
- automations, events, and webhooks so you can create event-driven workflows
- workspaces, RBAC, SSO, audit logs and related user management tools for collaboration
- push work pools for running flows on serverless infrastructure without a worker
- error summaries powered by Marvin AI to help you resolve errors faster
Getting Started with Prefect Cloud
Ready to jump right in and start running with Prefect Cloud? See the Quickstart and follow the instructions on the Cloud tabs to write and deploy your first Prefect Cloud-monitored flow run.
Prefect Cloud includes all the features in the open-source Prefect server plus the following:
Prefect Cloud features
- User accounts — personal accounts for working in Prefect Cloud.
- Workspaces — isolated environments to organize your flows, deployments, and flow runs.
- Automations — configure triggers, actions, and notifications in response to real-time monitoring events.
- Email notifications — send email alerts from Prefect's server based on automation triggers.
- Service accounts — configure API access for running workers or executing flow runs on remote infrastructure.
- Custom role-based access controls (RBAC) — assign users granular permissions to perform certain activities within an account or a workspace.
- Single Sign-on (SSO) — authentication using your identity provider.
- Audit Log — a record of user activities to monitor security and compliance.
- Collaboration — invite other people to your account.
- Error summaries — (enabled by Marvin AI) distill the error logs of
Crashedflow runs into actionable information.
- Push work pools — run flows on your serverless infrastructure without running a worker.
When you sign up for Prefect Cloud, an account and a user profile are automatically provisioned for you.
Your profile is the place where you'll manage settings related to yourself as a user, including:
- Profile, including profile handle and image
- API keys
- Preferences, including timezone and color mode
As an account Admin, you will also have access to account settings from the Account Settings page, such as:
As an account Admin you can create a workspace and invite other individuals to your workspace.
Upgrading from a Prefect Cloud Free tier plan to a Pro or Enterprise tier plan enables additional functionality for adding workspaces, managing teams, and running higher volume workloads.
Prefect Cloud plans for teams of every size
See the Prefect Cloud plans for details on Pro and Enterprise account tiers.
A workspace is an isolated environment within Prefect Cloud for your flows, deployments, and block configuration. See the Workspaces documentation for more information about configuring and using workspaces.
Each workspace keeps track of its own:
- Flow runs and task runs executed in an environment that is syncing with the workspace
- Flows associated with flow runs and deployments observed by the Prefect Cloud API
- Work pools
- Blocks and storage
Prefect Cloud automations provide additional notification capabilities beyond those in a self-hosted open-source Prefect server. Automations also enable you to create event-driven workflows, toggle resources such as schedules and work pools, and declare incidents.
Prefect Cloud's incidents help teams identify, rectify, and document issues in mission-critical workflows. Incidents are formal declarations of disruptions to a workspace. With automations), activity in that workspace can be paused when an incident is created and resumed when it is resolved.
Prefect Cloud error summaries, enabled by Marvin AI, distill the error logs of
Crashed flow runs into actionable information.
To enable this feature and others powered by Marvin AI, visit the Settings page for your account.
Service accounts ¶
Service accounts enable you to create Prefect Cloud API keys that are not associated with a user account. Service accounts are typically used to configure API access for running workers or executing flow runs on remote infrastructure. See the service accounts documentation for more information about creating and managing service accounts.
Roles and custom permissions ¶
Role-based access controls (RBAC) enable you to assign users a role with permissions to perform certain activities within an account or a workspace. See the role-based access controls (RBAC) documentation for more information about managing user roles in a Prefect Cloud account.
Single Sign-on (SSO) ¶
Prefect Cloud's Pro and Enterprise plans offer single sign-on (SSO) authentication integration with your team’s identity provider. SSO integration can bet set up with identity providers that support OIDC and SAML. Directory Sync and SCIM provisioning is also available with Enterprise plans.
Audit log ¶
Prefect Cloud REST API¶
The Prefect REST API is used for communicating data from Prefect clients to Prefect Cloud or a local Prefect server for orchestration and monitoring. This API is mainly consumed by Prefect clients like the Prefect Python Client or the Prefect UI.
Prefect Cloud REST API interactive documentation
Prefect Cloud REST API documentation is available at https://app.prefect.cloud/api/docs.
Start using Prefect Cloud¶
To create an account or sign in with an existing Prefect Cloud account, go to https://app.prefect.cloud/.
Then follow the steps in the UI to deploy your first Prefect Cloud-monitored flow run. For more details, see the Prefect Quickstart and follow the instructions on the Cloud tabs.
Get your questions answered by a Prefect Product Advocate! Book a Meeting